Thursday, June 23, 2011

Southern Sun

In the past month we have gone on two vacations in Southern Utah, Moab and Escalante. My family went to Escalante every Memorial Day to our Porter family reunion all growing up. Although our family has seemed to now boycott the boring reunion, we all still go down, still stay in the Circle D motel, and still find new things to do. This year we went to Hole in the Rock for the first time. We also hiked down to Lake Powell and touched its beautiful waters for the first time. On our drive back home some of us stopped near Bryce Canyon and rode the Thunder Mountain Trail. Really it was one of the most amazing trails I will probably ever ride. It was so cool!








Then just last weekend we went to Moab. Although I love Moab, after going the past 2 years in a row and doing the same thing each year (river rafting on a very mild river and dirt biking), I wasn't super excited about going this time. However, I was wrong to not be excited because it was a lot of fun. The river was pretty high so we got good enough rapids to watch my dad fall out. hehe. It was awesome. Also we went on some fun mountain biking trails. Taking my whole family on The Slickrock Trail might not have been the best idea. The best part of it was when my sister (who is not very athletically oriented, but still wanted to try coming with us) said "Mindy, how do you get on the bike without falling off?" Oh steph. Love it. 

At Dead Horse Point Jake made sure to stay out of camera range so we wouldn't get stuck taking more pictures. 
Too bad for him I snuck this one in.

2 comments:

Leave me a comment, or else!