Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Yosemite

Over the weekend we went to Yosemite park. Because my camera now has a failure to thrive, I had to steal pictures from my family members if I want to document this trip. Thus I don't have many pictures. However, my mom misplaced her new camera right before the trip, and not being able to go to Yosemite without a camera, naturally she bought a brand new and improved one. So if I search her house high and low and find the misplaced one, it's mine! So I know what I'll be doing this weekend.
The trip started off great when we saw Jimmer at the airport and got a picture with him. I will need to download that picture shortly. He didn't seem too excited to stop and get his picture with us, but to quote my friend Shauna "part of me feels like he deserves it for being so good."
The weekend proved to be just as exciting. We stayed in a cabin in the park, went on multiple hikes, one of which was to the 5th largest waterfall in the world, and the other I kept my eyes peeled to find the bodies of the 3 people that went over Vernal Falls last week.
Overall the hikes, playing in the river, car games, and songs (I know, we had to pass the time somehow) made quite the memorable weekend.

Also I cut my bangs. Literally, I did. I am proud. 

And Jake got new glasses. 

This is where hikers would have seen 3 people going over the edge. So scary.



4 comments:

  1. Yosemite is so great. Did you guys Halfdome? That one was fun/intense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i sort of thought that top photo was of me.

    haha. oh mom, buying a new camera. i hope you find her old one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, we didn't get to do halfdome. i wanted to soooooo bad. but we had to get a permit the morning before and we didn't get there til late friday night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the straight across bangs look great on you! Well done Melinda.
    And yes it makes you look even MORE like becca!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, or else!