Friday, July 9, 2010

summer thunderstorms

i love thunderstorms in the summer
because the dry Utah heat leaves and is replaced by warm raindrops.
because it reminds me of when i was a kid and always played in the huge puddles by my house.
because listening to the thunder is more exciting than studying.
because it reminds me that i have still never been to Washington and i still really want to go.
because it reminds me of playing in the rain with jake the summer before he moved away to college and then his mission.
because i still drop everything i am doing just to go run around in it again.

But i don't like Utah thunderstorms because by the time I have dropped everything to go play, the storm has stopped.

1 comment:

  1. so true. utah rainstorms = < 20 seconds. hows that for math? rain = awesome. In appropriately alloted proportions

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, or else!