Monday, May 23, 2011

Back to School

After finishing the last season of Prison Break, sewing my first skirt ever, and forgetting all of my scholastic knowledge over my 3 week vacation, I was actually excited to start school again. However, when I got back to class I found that because of weird scheduling things I only have 2 classes a week or less until the middle of June. Weird I know. So now Jake and I basically have another break from school every morning before he and I start work around 1.

It has been great getting in quality time at the gym, biking, and spending time with family. Last week we took Jake's little sisters to Hogle Zoo. Apparently you shouldn't get there mid-afternoon if you want to see the animals do anything besides sleep. We learned that the hard way. However, the prowling tigers were pretty cool.
 I know this is blurry (I hate my camera), but Anna is just too funny in this picture to not post it

I have also been busy lately planning a 5k fundraiser for a family that lives in Orem. They are trying to raise money to adopt a 15 year old girl from a Ukrainian orphanage. She turns 16 this year and she will be sent away from the orphanage where many in her position end up in prostitution. Because this family has a 7 year old son who has quadriplegic cerebral palsy, heart and lung disease, and is legally blind and deaf, a lot of their money is lost in his medical expenses. This adoption it will cost them over $32,000 for all the adoption and travel fees, and they are looking for any way to raise money to help them in this cause. 


We are only in the beginning stages of planning, but we are really excited about it. If anyone wants to run in it on July 16th  let me know! It's going to be great.

2 comments:

  1. Shooot. My friend is getting married that day in Arizona. But if for some reason I cant make it to that, I'd run! Do you think I could make it that far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually it's your lucky day, because i think the date might have to change. i will let you know when we change it to!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, or else!