Friday, April 30, 2010

90 years and still kickin'

dedication: grandma and grandpa sharp
why: because i love them, they are funny, and they are now both 90

so i get this text from my little sister last night: Grandpa just said the d word hahahahaha
I laughed loudly in our new (and bigger and happier) apartment and asked why.
she replied: He was sick of the airline procedures like going through the body scanner things and when he was walking away he said 'i don't know why i have to go through all this dang (but swearing) stuff.'

I tell you this only because I feel like on your 90th birthday (which it was exactly), after holding your tongue for so long you should be able to finally swear in front of your grandchildren.

Last week I spent the morning at grandma and grandpa's house going through their old photo albums and listened to their stories about growing up. here are some of my favorites:

-how much my grandma prides herself in being the tallest and the fastest girl growing up. now she's the shortest but she still is the fastest.
-my grandpa on his mission went to church services in a rented out mortuary and they thought it would be good to increase their numbers by bringing out all the cadavers in the back and setting them up in the seats
-when my grandma pushed her cousin down into the cellar after he made fun of her and told him she'd give him a beating if he did it again.
the best parts of the party: 
1. grandpa blowing out the candles before the song "Happy Birthday" was even half over
2. Blowing all the candles out with one breath except one
thanks for everything grandma and grandpa sharp

1 comment:

  1. 1) grandpa blowing out the candles before the song "Happy Birthday" was even half over
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha love that! You get to do all kinds of cool stuff when you're old!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment, or else!